Five of the top fifty Labour achievements since 1997 – X
- Created a new right of pedestrian access to the English coast, so that every family has the opportunity to enjoy the length and breadth of our coastline.
- In the last four years Labour’s work overseas has helped over 7 million people in sub-Saharan Africa access clean water and sanitation.
- In Europe we signed the Social Chapter and introduced measures including four weeks’ paid holiday, a right to parental leave, extended maternity leave, a new right to request flexible working, and the same protection for part-time workers as full-time workers.
- We led efforts to agree a new international convention banning all cluster munitions.
- We introduced the first ever British Armed Forces and Veterans Day to honour the achievements of our armed forces – both past and present.